Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 23 - Repetition

I used the power of repetition just this morning...to tell my boys to clean their rooms...over and over and over again.  The more I repeated it, the more they were inclined to listen, right?!  At least in theory, but it doesn't seem to work that way with kids!  With photography though, repetition can be an effective tool.  Repeating an object more than once can strengthen a composition and bring a sense of order.   Whether you realize it or not, repetition is all around us...a row of trees, a field of flowers or a box of crayons.  It was fun trying to see if I could spot repetitious patterns this week.  Here are my attempts:









I love the repetition of the beautiful Aspen trees and cute deer in my Dad's picture.  Are there 3 or 4 deer here?  Use your "Where's Waldo" skills to figure it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment