Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 21 - Foreground

This week's assignment of Foreground has been a challenge for me.  Most of what I’ve learned about taking better images has been to simplify and get rid of distracting elements in my pictures.   However, when used wisely, a good foreground (the part of the image nearest to the viewer), can add interest, context and lead the eye to the main subject.  This is my son, in one of his quieter moments.  I say “quieter” because there are still sounds happening, usually in the form of car engines revving and screeching.  How do little boys instinctively know how to make realistic car sounds?  I’ve been a mom of 3 boys for 11 years and I still sound like I’m spitting when I try.




My Dad used his horse's mane as a foreground to get a shot of his friend on their 55 mile endurance horse race.  55 miles, you say?!  Yes, that's right.  I've gone on a few long horse rides with him (maybe 15 miles) and I was so sore, I couldn't walk for a week!  Endurance horse racing is not for the faint of heart.  And He doesn't like to tell people (so I'll do it for him...sorry, Dad!), but he usually wins these races.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment