Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 5 - Leading Lines

The inversion that has settled over the Salt Lake Valley has reminded me why I hate January in Utah.  A dirty gray blanket of smog has been hanging overhead for the past week, making taking a pretty picture a challenge.  So I tried a few inside with my guitar.






On a relatively clear day, I shot this bridge.   The shadows from the bridge add to the leading lines.


 I went back in the evening to try shooting in a softer light.



Not only was the air dirty, but Bridger himself had been playing in dirt, which added to the authentic earthy feel I was going for. ;)


My Dad had some great shots this week.  I think my favorite is this image from the inside of his barn.  The winter scene outside the window looks surreal.


This is one of my favorite views of Ontario.


I love the green pop of color from the barn in the otherwise white surroundings.


I like how the tree's reflection leads your eye up to the actual tree and back again.  Nice job, Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment