Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hayden's Birthday

Watch out, we have an 8 year-old in the house!  Hayden has reached the age he has been pinning for his whole life.  Well, at least for the last 8 months and I'm sure it will be his favorite age for a few more months until he decides that he MUST turn 9 immediately because that's where the fun is at. 

Every year since Hayden has been in preschool, he has wanted me to bring cupcakes to class on his birthday.  I enjoy doing it and I loved that it made him so happy.  So this year, I was planning on bringing in the traditional birthday cupcakes and I mentioned it to him and he, feigning nonchalance says, "Oh...that's ok, Mom.  Don't worry about it."  Hmmm...since Hayden would give his right arm and probably even an eyebrow for a cupcake, I was immediately suspicious.  "You don't want me to bring cupcakes?  Why?"  I ask.   His face gets red at this point and he can't quite look me in the eye. "I just don't need any this year."  What?!  I thought I had at least one more year before he got embarrassed of me but apparently, he's already embarrassed.   Ouch.  My poor heart.  Oh well, since he's already embarrassed I might as well play it up and give him a big, wet, slobbery kiss in front of his friends.  Maybe I'll forget to brush my teeth and comb my hair when I drop him off at school.  This could be really fun....





No comments:

Post a Comment