Friday, December 7, 2012

Decking the Halls...

 Decorating for Christmas has got to be one of my favorite things ever. It takes a good portion of the day to do it, but I look forward to it all year.  However, unlike me, my darling husband does not derive joy from stringing up the lights and unearthing reindeer and snowmen from their cocoon of packing bubbles.  Puzzling, I know, but I don't judge him. I've always done it myself and I've never minded.  I crank up Donny Osmond's Christmas album and I let the festive times roll.  This year, to my utter delight, my boys practically jumped out of their socks to help me, and now that they're older, it's been so much fun to let them.  Bridger was even able to help without breaking anything.  And drum roll please...this year was the first time in 8 years we've been able to decorate the ENTIRE tree, not just the top half.  Hooray for kids getting bigger and dogs that no longer yearn to chew on bright, dangling objects.  


My headless helpers





Finley wasn't about to be left out of all the fun.

Gannon was having a moment with the tree, but clearly it wasn't a good moment.  Doesn't he look frightened? Maybe one of the snowman ornaments were giving him the evil eye.  






No comments:

Post a Comment